Monday, June 8, 2009

The Interchangeables






OK, I've had this thought for a very long time and I think it's finally time to share it with someone. Poor you if you happen to stumble onto this. I'll try to be more thought provoking next time.

For years, I could not keep B list actors Dylan McDermott and Dermott Mulroney straight. If I saw Dylan McDermott I could identify him for you, but Dermott Mulroney, well, that was just a wild crap shoot. And aren't they both foils for Julia Roberts vehicle's anyway? Now, along come Clive Owen and Gerard Butler. I must ask this.*Dateline announcer voice*........ Aren't these guys all the same person? Like, if one wasn't available for a role, the casting agent would immediately default to one of the others? I can completely see any of them in the same role and the role not suffering at all. If Rupert Everett hadn't recently butchered his face via cosmetic procedures, I would toss him in here as an alternate. Look at them , just look at them? Do you see what I mean? Has the Romantic Comedy Leading Man Factory been churning them out overtime? I'll bet even their own mothers would be fooled. If I had something nice to give you I would even make a contest for you and ask you to identify who is who in the pics I posted. I would bet that even with google at your fingertips you would be hard pressed to come up with the answer to this one.

I cannot be the only person to feel this way can I? Does anyone else get what I'm saying here? ANYONE? I feel so strongly about this that I am almost certain that the wives or girlfriends of these men would also be easily fooled. As a matter of fact, I'll go out on a limb and suggest that only dental records and DNA testing would adequately identify them as being different individuals.

That's all for now :)

No comments: