Saturday, September 27, 2008

Featured Fragrance Review: Prada Infusion D'Iris


Perfume will always be a love of mine. It is a catalyst for lifting my mood or comforting me or transporting me to another place or memory. I recently discovered this fragrance after being given a small amount by a friend and being able to test it properly. I am happy to say that it is truly wonderful and not at all expensive to boot! I have a habit of falling in love with things that are really exclusive and excruciatingly expensive and this is refreshingly affordable and pretty easy to find. I ended up buying my bottle of ebay for a very reasonable price.

On the box the notes listed are as follows: Italian mandarin, Tunisian neroli, Orange flower, Pallida Iris, Cedarwood, Vetiver, Galbanum, Somali incense and Laos benzoin. This is one of those fragrances that you would never be able to connect to those notes. I do get an initial blast of cedar and orange blossom but after about 10 minutes this dries down a lovely clean powdery soft scent. I would definitely call this a skinscent. It doesn't smell like you are wearing perfume at all, it's airy but it stays close to your skin and smells clean and warm and "come closer"-ish. I really like that it manages to be clean and powdery without being soapy or nauseating as clean scents and powdery scents can be if overdone. It has a greenness to is yet it manages to be soft at the same time. I would call this an elegant scent that could be worn in just about any situation. This is one I would grab when I am unsure as to what to wear. It is an EDP and it lasts for about 4 hours on my skin. It is sparkly yet soft just as the new version of Chanel No 5 Eau premiere is. It is less floral than the Chanel and more modern smelling, but I would put it in the same category as an easy to wear, fresh, clean, yet soft and gentle scent. If you're looking for something new to try and you like soft skinscents give this one a go.

That's all for now! :)

2 comments:

Abby said...

This scent is beautiful. I have debated buying it since early summer. The only thing keeping me from purchasing is that after spraying it on once, I got into the car with my husband and he sneezed all the way home.

Ah, but who care about him! I may buy it anyway.

L.M.F said...

BUT THIS!!! It gets better and better everytime I wear I! to hell with his breathing, he'll live, LOL :)