Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Employee Of The Year


Meet Richard and Columbina. Are they not the cutest couple on earth?? Richard is purposely blurred out because he is going to kill me for posting this and at least I can say....."but people can't even see you! You're all blurry!" Looking at them I can hear the faux British accent of the Dancing with the Stars announcer...."Dancing the Cha Cha, Richard and his partner Columbina"....

Richard is my co-worker. He is upset with me because I nominated him for physical therapist of the year and he has won. He is a humble person and doesn't like attention. My posting this here will probably make him even madder at me but I don't care. I love him. Working with him is a breath of fresh air. Columbina's face says it all. There was loud Latin music on too at the time the picture was taken and they were actually dancing because that's the type of guy Richard is. He motivates you even when you bitch about your knees hurting or your feet aching. You want to get up for him.

Today I laughed the hardest I've laughed in a while listening to him joke to an 86 year old patient with his hand on her knee "Hortense, I've told you how badly I want you before and still you keep rejecting me". Her laughter was genuine and she was loving every minute of the attention. She tells him that she likes big muscular men, that he is not her type but she really likes him. It is hilarious to watch. I am sure that he is the highlight of her week.

This is why you are "employee of the year" Richard. I only hope that when I am old and my knees hurt and I bitch about how tired I am, someone just like you comes to my house and makes me giggle and feel girlish again. You deserve every bit the recognition you are about to get.

2 comments:

Abby said...

A great tribute! Richard seems to be an individual who possesses great charm and kindness. I admire that.

And kudos to you too, Miss Fuss, for giving recognition where it is due.

L.M.F said...

Thank you L!! He is a bright spot in my day and the days of many others. Doing a co-treat with him is something I really look forward to! He makes me feel like getting old might not be all negatives, LOL!