Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Space Invaders








If you are a woman and you have ever had to take public transportation I think you are going to relate to today's thoughts. The photos above and to the right pretty much illustrate my subway peeve. The very top photo is pretty mild too, I have seen MUCH worse.


It is called many things by many people and here are just a few terms for the offender: rod, wang, schlong, soldier,johnson, junk, weiner, willy, member, package, manhood, ding dong, dong, joystick, pecker, prick and last but not least, the correct clinical term for it would be penis.


Being a woman, I am not able to determine how much of this is a true anatomical issue and how much is just plain rudeness. Is it really impossible for a man to adjust himself so his legs aren't 4 feet apart while I hover over him with 3 shopping bags , my purse and my laptop? Does he truly need a seat and a half? I want to hear from a man who can explain this to me. Please help me understand you. If it really is a problem, I will shut up about this and accept it but part of me really wonders if this is something men could help if they wanted to.


My suspicion that this is overplayed here in my city is supported by the bottom lower photo . It is from a Japanese subway. Apparently, this is such an issue that the Japanese have tackled it as only they could, in the form of a warning sign on an actual train. If a warning exists, this would back up my belief that the men here in my city are doing this out of some selfish need to let it all hang out. This warning would also lend truth to the notion that men CAN adjust and be more gentlemanly about this whole thing.


I don't like to think the worst of people, really I don't. I do realize that men are dealing with a plethora of paraphernalia between their legs and I know it is impossible for them to sit exactly as females do. Maybe the men here are all extremely well endowed but I've dated around enough to be able to say that this is pretty unlikely. I don't have any answers here but I am putting these men on warning.........I am not going to take this anymore. The jig is up fellas. Maybe not today or tommorow but I am officially making this a personal crusade as of now. Ladies? Join me?


That's all for now :)

2 comments:

Patti said...

Dear Miss Fussbudget, Thank you for this great service you have performed today for the women who have to endure these hideous sights. I wish I could snap some photos of the schlong-exhibitions I see here in my town. But it mostly occurs when I am driving, so I can't submit any examples, but I will describe to you a horrifying trend here in my town. The young men of the inner city have this new "thing" where they walk down the street with a grip on their "thing" -- I kid you not, Miss Fuss. Last week within five minutes of driving down a city street, I saw two of these "grippers" as I now call them, with a firm hand wrapped around the firm. One fella at least had the decency (??) to hang on outside of his low-slung pants, but the other, well, suffice it to say that the hand was down the pants. Maybe they are just making sure it's still there. Like anyone cares.

L.M.F said...

LOL at "grippers". We have that too. It is usually done by men who wear their pants around there ankles with their underwear hanging out. How tempting, must be some 21 century mating call that I am just not getting!