Saturday, August 23, 2008

John Mayer: A Critical Analysis


Behold, I present to you Mr.John Mayer, annoying manchild who seems to be able to date, buy, have whatever he damned well pleases. Why just look at him here. He seems to be saying "hey, is this side OK guys? Should I be serious or should I smirk a little to make people wonder what my shit eating grin is all about? "The title of this post seems to hint at my heading up a symposium at Columbia on this very topic. What is it about this person that annoys me so? Lets discuss

Way back when, I used to admire John Mayer, yes, admire. I saw a piece on him on one of those news magazine shows....Dateline or 20/20....you know the deal. It was a profile on him when he was up and coming musician. The interviewer took him back to his small hometown and portrayed him as an exceedingly humble small town kid who made it big. A kid who seemed to have nothing going for him in school but had a talent that would be his ticket out of his small town. It was the stuff that 1930's musicals were made of. Cue the chorus line and the people with retro suitcases at the train station jumping on a running locomotive bound for Hollywood.

I even used to turn up the radio when his big hit at the time came on. I can't remember the name of it but it was the one about running through the halls of high school screaming at the top of his lungs. You know the tune. It was huge, on the radio every 10 minutes.

Somewhere along the line, I believe John Mayer began to believe his own press. I don't know this for a fact, I am only guessing here but he seems to have gone from humble small town kid who makes it big to egotistical douchebag who kisses and tells and makes it a point to be photographed in hot tubs and on beaches with famous women. He even got a huge manly tattoo and bulked up. He also is on TMZ every other day rambling on about his fabulous life. Now I have it from a VRS (very reliable source) who goes to his gym, that Mr John spends a lot of time in front of the mirrors looking around to see who is looking at him in an obnoxious "don't you know who I am" type of way.

After seeing him blathering on about how HE broke up with Jennifer Anniston......well, that sealed the deal for me. Even if he did indeed break up with her, saying it speaks volumes about his status as a gentleman. John Mayer, I no longer like you. You are a tacky cad. I hope you are enjoying your moment of fame because your attitude and behavior are going to land you in the same pile of shit as whatever other has beens are appearing on celebrity fit club. I do think you have talent but you are talking way too much for someone who should just be singing and playing his guitar. We don't care about your conquests. You seem like an insecure, egotistical jerk and women (a huge part if not ALL of your fan base) do not like disrespectful, fat headed cheating fools.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

That's all for now :)

No comments: