Friday, July 17, 2009

Pant free Friday :)

So I havn't "spoken" this week here. It's been a really slow, boring ass week to be honest with you. I've been feeling kind of out of body-ish lately too. Like going through the motions. I know I said this below but it's the time of year, it just drains me of all my energy and I'm a zombie for all of July. But something entertaining did happen this week. A little thing but I am still cracking up over it.

I have a patient, a man in his 80's. He is confused a lot of the time. This week he was totally lucid and in rare form. I would imagine that is his true personality and he was quite the charmer during our time together. I finally managed to get him out of bed and there we were walking toward his bathroom. He was wearing pajama's and the top was very big on him and long-ish so you could barely see his pants underneath the top unless you really looked down at his ankles. He was doing so well, he rarely gets out of bed for me. I was telling him how proud I was of him and encouraging him to keep going and all of a sudden he stops. He said to me "Oh no" I need a chair right now". I got a slight panicky feeling that I get sometimes when I think someone is going to fall or hurt themselves but I knew he would be OK. So I said to him "no, you can do this, we are going to keep going, there is no reason you need to stop". He kept insisting that he needed to sit. I kept insisting he keep going. See, I have to do this. Most people that I see are just fearful and need encouragement. I'm not a meanie, you just have to know when to push and when to ease up and with this guy, I knew he needed to be pushed. After a moment of silence between us, he finally leaned in closely and whispered to me "I can't walk anymore because I've lost my pants". I looked down and sure enough there they were, around his ankles. I burst out laughing and he said "You are so lovely and sweet to me, I have been trying to get your attention for weeks. so how do you feel about me now?" then he winked.

And that, was the sexiest thing that happened to me all week. Good times.

No comments: