Sunday, July 5, 2009

Bathing Beauty!



The pic is blurry, you can't really see too well but you get the idea. Isn't it CUTE? And I HATE bathing suits. Being in my 40's is depressing as hell bathing suit wise ,but I decided to go retro and play up the 1950's bathing beauty type of look. This suit fit the bill perfectly! Ladies, this suit will make you feel like a pin -up! Throw on a wide brimmed hat, heels and strut around a pool and people will be bringing you drinks and fanning you! It totally hearkens back to Marilyn Monroe and Esther Williams type of "swim dresses" when women had that classy smouldering look.


I posted a pic (UNHEARD OF) of my body, as much as you're going to ever see, so you can see how amazing this suit is with all my figure flaws. I'm doing this for women everywhere to prove that you don't have to be a model to feel OK in a bathing suit. My advice to everyone out there is to try looking outside of the box with bathing suits. Do not go with trends, you know your body better than anyone. I knew that a bikini would have amounted to me being arrested or laughed at. I am VERY pale and I have very womanly pear to hourglass shaped body. The suit in the pic is from Carmen Marc Valvo. It is a knock of of a $400 (YEAH RIGHT!) Norma Kamali suit. It is totally 1940's- 1950's in feeling. Is has a lot of ruching around my tummy and butt and pulls down slightly around my hips giving me that WWII GI pin-up girl look. In this pic it looks a bit lumpy on me because of the angle of the pic (I have no full length mirror and was trying to get a lot in for you,) but on the model you can see what I mean. It actually has a strap that pulls up the bust that I am not wearing in the pic. You can see it better in the manufacturers pic. Incidentally, I could eat that girl for lunch, I fill this baby out a lot more than she does and it STILL looks gorgeous on even big 'ole me!

My other fave that I bought is from the classic maker Jantzen, it is gorrrrrgeous! The style is called "Retro Vamp". It covers all the bad parts and totally accentuates your assets. I beg of you, if you think you look like a disgusting blob and can't find a suit, check THIS ONE out and you will thank me. It's the one in the main pic. I love it in the black color and the red. It's also on the Macy's website. LOVE. Super flattering!

These suits are proof positive that there is hope for normal women out there! Check them out and by the way, ebay is full of them. I got the one pictured for $50 there instead of the list price of $167! Woo Hoo!

That's all for now!

5 comments:

The Resitance said...

This reminds me of a line from "Raiders of the Lost Ark", as delivered by the estimable Dr. René Belloq.

"I would very much like to see you in it."

L.M.F said...

LMAO!! *preens for you and only you my good man!*

pavlova said...

Yes, I am thanking you --- that Jantzen suit looks amazing and may be just the thing to make may older than yours body Bathing Beauty material!!! xo

L.M.F said...

trust me on this one pavlova, my body is a trainwreck these days and the jantzen suit is styled pretty much exactly as the one I am wearing in the pic. It does wonders for a tummy and it camo's the really bad parts you don't want to deal with AND it is super comfy, I actually ENJOY wearing it. In the history of my wearing of swimsuits, this has never happened before. I look forward to being in it, I feel like the poor mans Dita! LOL...the reviews on the Macy's website do not lie, it was overwhelmingly chosen as THE suit to be worn on any body type!

Abby said...

That is a gorgeous bathing suit! I think I need one.