Saturday, July 4, 2009

How Is Babby formed?





Recently, the topic of sex ed has come up in discussion and I was taken back to my tender years and they way I learned about things of a sexual nature. I honestly do not remember the full story. My poor mother was worried that I was going to run out and get knocked up if she didn't educate me so she did make an admirable attempt. She needn't have worried about that because I was a fat beast that no boys wanted at that time and I didn't start seriously dating till I was 20.


I remember she bought this book, I can't recall the name, something like "Almost 12". Curious title isn't it? Is this the age that parents start to worry? On the cover was a girl walking through the woods looking all innocent and introspective. We read that book, it was pretty boring. I felt like I already knew everything anyway. I think I picked most of the facts of life up through my school friends. My Mom and I never talked about it again and that was that but I did always know that if I had any questions I could ask her and that was enough for me.


This brings me to a couple of hilarious offerings I've seen online lately. They are both not new but for some reason they really make me laugh and yes, I'm terribly silly when it comes to this stuff. The first one is from a Danish Children's book titled "How A Baby Is Made" from the early 70's. This thing makes me feel like an immature 11 year old again. I want to laugh and laugh at it. It's like the South Park version of childbirth. The baby looks like it's doing the baby version of "jazz hands" as it does the breast stroke and swims out of the mother. Look at the first pic above. Doesn't it look like this? This leaves absolutely no question as to where the baby came from. This book is the epitome of the 70's. I love the mothers pigtails too with those big purple ribbons. The second drawing needs to be subtitled "what's love got to do with it"? I don't think feeling especially "loving"has much to do with that if you ask me. The entire book is available for viewing HERE. I highly recommend taking a peek if you're up for some entertainment. The additional comments alone are worth the read.


The other funny that has cracked me up is this classic from Yahoo answers. I'm sure you've seen it, most people have. Yahoo answers is a service provided by Yahoo where you can ask other Yahoo users a question and they try to answer you in the most accurate way possible to help you. Here, a user with atrocious spelling and grammar asks how babies are made and another user answers in an equally caveman-esque way. Some wonderful person decided to bring the worlds attention to this embarrassment and make a video of it using knuckle dragging cavemen with Shakespearean accents as narrators of the interchange. I still laugh at this everytime I see it. It's a classic.
Take a peek at this one...


Fabulous isn't it?
That's all for now, have a happy 4th one and all :)

No comments: