Wednesday, July 1, 2009

OH NO THEY DI-IN'T!















People, I think the unspeakable has happened. I have been left speechless. Yes, it's true. I just saw the most ridiculous commercial for the most idiotic product I have ever ever seen. Are you ready?

OBAMA CHIA. Yes, that's right, the makers of chia pet have released a version that looks like the head of our president. Not only that, there are two versions to choose from. There is "determined" Obama and there is "Happy" Obama. What I really want to know is, why does he look like David Carradine? He really does. Look at the pics I have posted. This is not Obama, it is Carradine.

The ad copy is ridiculous. It actually says "can you grow one? YES YOU CAN!" Let's not mention the "hail to the ch-ch-ch-chief" that was thrown in there. Somewhere, someone is laughing hysterically. I wonder if McCain was our president if there would be a McCain Chia pet? I highly doubt it. I'm trying not to be offended because I hate people who are constantly offended but frankly, this offends me a bit. Look at this VIDEO! I keep expecting Andy Samberg to jump out and this to be an SNL skit or something. I honestly cannot believe it is real!

I have nothing else to say. Just nothing.

2 comments:

Abby said...

I can't imagine who would buy that.

L.M.F said...

I suspect the same people who buy stuff from the Franklin Mint in the back of womens magazines and the Enquirer! :)