Friday, October 16, 2009

Where in the world did the Fuss go?

Just a little note to let anyone who wonders know, I have no computer! I am so very sad about this and trying to get it fixed. I have had so many things I wanted to write to you about but I am at a crappy Internet cafe and my time is limited here. The story about the guy reading a yoga book (yes, you know how I feel about these Yoga guys) on the subway who to tried to talk to me is gonna have to wait.

Last week, the machine up and died, yes it did. It has the "black screen of death" and a white cursors that I can uselessly move around. Other than that, nuthin. I have no idea what to do. The guy at the repair place wants to financially rape me to the point where I should just get a new computer so I am resorting to the almighty Gupta. Gupta is a man I used to work with when I was a pastry chef. He likes to tinker around with things and see if he can fix them. Worth a shot. I have tried to fix it myself but I am an idiot when it comes to these things. I can only get into the "rescue and repair" mode and then it asks me for "the path to the network" and I have no idea what they are talking about. I've tried stuff and nothing works and I really don't know what I'm doing anyway so here I am.

I'll tell you this, this Internet cafe where I am has turned me into a monster. In the past few days I've been here I've broken up fights between school kids and told a very loud annoying woman to shut up. I've been called "Ma'am", I've been apologized to and I've had a few people thank me and congratulate me for making people shut up. I'm the "destroyer" of this place. When I waltz in, and yes, I do kinda waltz into this place, people look up and hush. I think they are thinking "ooooh, there's that mean girl again". If you knew me you would be shocked. I am the most gentle person and I hate confrontation but I am paying $3 an hour (I know, wow) and I do not want to hear the drama's of others while I'm reading email and trying to do things in limited time.

I seriously miss having my tea while I'm writing, sitting in my comfy clothes, doing other things and going on and off here. I'm trying to make this a good thing and use the time to be productive but really I miss my computer! I hope to be back very soon. The good thing is, a friend actually owes me some $$$ and if that is returned I may just go out and buy a new one, we'll see. I will check in here as often as I can and really, if anyone out there knows what on earth the "path to the network" is, please for the love of Mike (who is Mike when people say this?)...please tell me!

That's all for now! :)

2 comments:

Korte said...

I still think the ma'am thing is the deepest cut of all.

....those bastards.

L.M.F said...

LMAO! Yes, that did sting, I'll admit it :(