Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Frillies Came, The Frillies Saw, and.....The Frillies CONQUORED!


Nice cover N.Y Post. In case you can't read the small print it refers to the Philadelphia Phillies as "The Frillies". Not that I ever expect journalistic integrity from the Post but as a Yankee hating person I take perverse joy in them being totally creamed last night in the first game of the world series. I'm not a baseball lover but years ago I had a totally madpassionatecrush on the almighty Mike Piazza when he was a Mets player. I even loved him when he dyed his hair blond and got engaged to a playboy playmate, that's devotion for you. I live in Queens, loved Mike, it was only natural that I would be affiliated with the Mets if I had to pick a baseball team to root for. Hell, I even own a bright orange really sexy Mr Mets T-Shirt that I wear to sleep some nights. If you ask me who is on the Mets right now, I couldn't tell you. I can tell you that I despise those bastard arrogant Yankees and I hope that lose, yes, I said it. LOSE. I concur with the man who works in the subway token booth at 157 st and Broadway. That is where this picture was taken today.

No comments: