Sunday, August 16, 2009

The People In Your Neighborhood



So I was walking through my neighborhood today and I passed this storefront. I've walked past this a million times and the scary thing is, I never really thought about how bizarre it is until today. I guess I'm so used to crazy stuff here in NYC that this one sailed right past my weird meter. I really odd part is, there is no sign on the window or door. Nothing tells you what this place is. It's obvious that false teeth are made here and to be honest I sort of like the window display. The panther looks as if he is guarding the teeth in case anyone is thinking of lifting a set. The whole scene looks like the idea of someone who was under pressure and had no advertising budget to bring in the business. What else could it be? Could they possibly be so proud of their craftsmanship that they might think we too would appreciate seeing a random pile of false choppers as a thing of beauty? And the panther? What the hell is up with that panther? I am seriously dying to meet the person behind this, I think they would probably be a blast to have a drink with. I have such an urge to walk in and ask to meet this person but I've repressed it for all the years that I've lived here. Every time I walk past this scene, I immediately think to myself..."oh right, time for my cleaning and 6 month check up with the dentist". I think that if the day ever comes that this place closes and the display is gone I am going to genuinely be sad to see it go.
That's all for now :)

No comments: