Monday, September 7, 2009

The Business




Look at these boots. Look at them. Are they not powerful? The style name of them is "The Business". I am not a heel wearing woman but from the minute I saw these I was completely mesmerized by them. I wanted them so badly. They are hooker boots in the best sense of the word. Classy, 5k an hour hooker boots. In person they are wondrous. I tried them on and I felt invincible, like I could conquer the world in them. They are surprisingly comfy for a boot with a 4 inch heel. The toe has a 1 inch platform making the heel actually 3 inches, as if that matters. Here I am in the midst of lacing them up. A very helpful gentleman named Anton instructed me as to the correct way to do this as he did it for me. In the pic,I am half way there. Anton had run off to get more appropriate laces as these were not long enough.

So why am I babbling about them to you? Well first of all, I do babble here, you know this about me if you come here on a regular. I am telling you about the boots because besides being head turners, they appear to also be magical. After leaving the store where I tried them on I was strolling down the street with my BFF. I was feeling really "top of the worldish" and still on my boot high. We were chatting and I was oblivious to the people walking around us.I suddenly became aware of a man talking to me. He called out "GREAT HAIR!"...I thanked him and he followed up with "How is your day going?" to which I replied "Great". He took the in and said "if I give you my number would you call me sometime?". I was a bit taken aback because I normally do not talk to men on the street but people, this man was HOT. Yes, I'm being a superficial jerk. Men do it everyday so why can't I for a change? I have been feeling frumpy and fugly after my blood clot drama and this was a very nice little boost for me. I responded to him "well, there's only one way for you to find out isn't there?" He took my phone and entered his number and that was that.

Without giving any more details and in respect of this mans anonymity, lil' ole me was blissfully unaware that this man was not just any ordinary guy on the street. It turns out that he is the baby daddy of the child of the most famous female entertainer in the world. *FIST PUMP* CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS? I've lived in NYC for about 23 years and nothing like this has ever happened to me. I've met celebrities, I used to chat with and shop next to Andy Warhol back in the day but that was normal in the 80's in the neighborhood where I lived. I've never had an encounter like this. I'm not going to talk about it any more here but I am extremely curious to see how this situation pans out. ONLY IN NEW YORK KIDS, ONLY IN NEW YORK!

That's all for now :)

No comments: