Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The One


Mark your calendars because this is probably never going to happen again. I am officially going on record as saying that Matthew McConaughey is legitimately HOT in that currently annoying Dolce and Gabbana commercial that runs about 50 times a day on television. Yes, he is HOTHOTHOT.

Now you must understand that I have always found him to be goofy, almost greasy looking and he previously repelled me pretty strongly. He always had an air of "dimwitted surfer dude" to him and he always looked filthy and really skanky to me. Ever since I heard that story about him being stoned out of his mind and found in his driveway completely nude and playing bongo drums years ago, well, that cancelled out any appealing qualities for me. Sure, I've noticed his amazing abs over the years but it never made him sexy to me at all. I've even heard stories about him being difficult to do love scenes with for his female co-stars because he eschews the use of deodorant and has deplorable personal grooming habits.

Having heard these tales about him, I found it pretty comical that he was doing Stetson cologne commercials a while back. Now, he is the face of Dolce and Gabbana's men's fragrance "The One". Ironic, isn't it?

So why am I suddenly finding him dreamy? You know, I really can't put my finger on it but every time I hear the slow sexy music on my TV, I immediately look up and see him strutting his stuff toward me in that confident "I am a supah-stah" way of his and I am captivated. When he lands on that luxe couch and his shirt opens gently, I half expect him to clumsily fall off the couch and onto the floor. The look of suprise on his face when the cameras start snapping at him says "shit! you're all here for lil' ole ME?" Part of me would not be surprised to see a half empty bottle of bud light on a table in the background. When I first saw this commercial I thought, wow. This is the guy that rented a camper and hung out with Penelope Cruz in the woods all summer a few years ago? How did he land this gig? His real life persona is the farthest thing from classy that I can imagine. He seems like the kind of guy who would say and do absolutely anything to get into your pants and then simply say "see ya darlin'" the next morning as he strolls out on his merry way, forgetting all he promised you in the heat of the moment.

Maybe I should just stop analyzing and enjoy it. This is just going to have to fall under the realm of unexplained phenomenon for me like why I like Ghost Whisperer, why I need my sheets tucked in around my feet, why beets taste like horrible dirt to me and why I always have a montage of baby pictures of myself on the wall of the bathroom of every place I've ever lived.

That's all for now! :)

No comments: