Friday, February 12, 2010

Bad boys bad boys, whatcha gonna do?


So it's been a pretty exciting couple of days here I must say. I am now convinced that the universe is telling me that my destiny lies in law enforcement or a relationship with a cop.

Yesterday, I was on my way to work, skipping up the subway steps running toward the turnstile to jump onto the train that I could hear above. As I made my leap into the station a cop yelled out "MISS STOP OVER HERE!" I was a little taken a back by that but I obeyed and did as I was told. It seems that I was chosen at random for a search in the......*cue to dramatic music* WAR ON TERROR. Yep, lil' ole me. My bag was rifled through, my laptop was scrutinized and then, then the fun part. I was patted down and in a really professional gesture, my hair was tousled. I made a comment to the guy who did that "I'm having a hard time believing that hair tousling is standard procedure." He smirked. That was my excitement for the day. Oh and BTW, my freaking Weight Watchers point finder calculator came under scrutiny and I had to explain what it was. As soon as the words "Weight Watchers" were uttered that guy looked at me like I was a crazy female on some crazy diet. I think that above all else, that erased any suspicions that I was a threat to our nations security. (Unless of course, Al Quada has "at work" meetings).

Everyone I mentioned it to asked me the same thing, "What did you do?" as if I actually did something suspicious to warrant the search. I didn't of course. I have been responding to that question with "I was guilty of being hot in the third degree". Here in NYC, cops can basically do whatever they fancy under the guise of protecting us from terror threats. I'm not complaining, I'd rather have them paying attention and all but it was kind of disruptive to be caught up in it a bit.

My cop theme continued today when I went to the Dr early this AM to find his office in complete disarray and everyone freaking out. Turns out, they had been robbed overnight and they just got there before me. I walked in and they told me what the situation was and within minutes guess who was buzzing the door? Yep, you got it. THE COPS. 4 of them this time, in full investigative mode. I sat there with another older lady waiting calmly for things to subside so we could have our appointments but I couldn't help being amused at it and the fact that this was my second experience with police in as many days. More of them arrived and at one point there were 8 of them milling about. The candy dish on the counter was a hot destination for them and one of them started chatting me up. Oh and by the way, I was pretty satisfied with myself that I did not turn to that candy dish for stress relief especially when the guy came in to dust for fingerprints. Thanks to my self control there, my crime ridden past shall remain a secret. Take that "Americas Most Wanted"/John Walsh.

Oh and ladies, let me tell you, this is a PERFECT example of why you should always wear a tad of makeup and make an effort when you're leaving the house. This really was one of those "you never know" situations. I was feeling pretty relieved that I had the sense to dab on some concealer and blush and gloss up my lips before I ran out. The best part was when the cute one who was flirting with me told me to lay down and play dead so they could make a chalk outline like on CSI, it was so romantic. Moments like this really are golden aren't they?


That's all for now :)

1 comment:

Abby said...

That last paragraph was the best! It put a grin on my face and now I'm in the best of moods.