Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Move Over Jennifer Love Hewitt!


For a couple of years now, I have been watching the TV show Ghost Whisperer. People have mocked me, laughed at me and shook their heads in disbelief that I could be so devoted to a TV show. Do I love this show?? Yes, I did before the recent changes but the main thing I really enjoy about this show is Jennifer Love Hewitts makeup. Every week, she is radiant, she glows, she looks luminous and her skin has a beauty that I have been wanting to capture for myself and unsuccessful at. I'm not going to say I've nailed it but Ladies and the odd Gentleman, I have come VERY close and I'll tell you how.

Recently, I was taken out for a birthday lunch and get together by a close friend. We walked, talked and had a really beautiful, elaborate lunch and a wonderful time. My mission, as far as shopping went, was to locate an Anna Sui blush stick that I have found to be my favorite blush product of all time. I have had this product for about 2 years and I really wanted to pick up another since I wear it on a daily basis. I own millions of blushes but this is THE ONE. I do not buy makeup anymore because with all the makeup I own it would be pathological and a sign of some sort of obsessive compulsive disorder if I were to continue to shop for things that I already have in abundance. My friend and I were talking about this the other night and she mentioned to me that her father refers to this as "the empty dance". The empty dance is what you do when you have something missing from your life or issues that you are not dealing with and you occupy yourself with looking for things to buy and shopping to distract yourself from the real problems or your feelings. Social ramblings aside, the point here is that I was looking to replace my beloved blush stick and I had to go to the Anna Sui Boutique because her makeup is no longer carried in any Dept Stores like it used to be.

I asked the very glittery, young and hip looking sales girl if she had this item. Of course it had been discontinued. I almost cried, but life goes on and ebay seems to be a good source for the ghost of blush sticks past. I have no idea why but I picked up a bottle of the foundation on the display table. The makeup display in the boutique was glorious. Beautiful colors, textures and lots of exciting glitter and shimmer. Then I did it. I tried the foundation on my hand. And then I tried it on my face. And then I forked over $37.50 and I now look like the poor gals version of Melinda Gordon/aka the Ghost Whisperer. When worn with Helena Rubinstein's Magic Concealer I cannot stop admiring myself in the mirror, obnoxious but true. I was lucky enough to be gifted the wonderful concealer but it is not available here, unless you by it online from ebay or an importer like Strawberry.net. As a concealer though, this is the top and it fell right into my lap with no effort spent looking for it.


Getting back to the foundation though, no one ever talks about it, or ever did when I regularly paid attention to makeup discussions. It's just the most perfect stuff for my dry skin that I've ever tried and the color match is as if it was custom blended for me. I don't need any highlighters or luminizers with it, it's got everything a person could want all rolled up in one little bottle and it's cheap to boot. I came home and washed my face. The next morning, I was on my way out to run some errands and I gave it a real test run. I checked my face out in really harsh daylight and it looked plump, healthy and completely evened out. If this stuff is discontinued I have others that I like but I will be extremely disappointed. I have hope on this surviving for a while though since the glittery sales girl (who incidentally is in the current issue of Marie Claire magazine much to my shock) mentioned that Anna loves this foundation. She also mentioned that Anna loves my discontinued blush and wears the powder version of it now which was quite fetching as well. Seeing as this was a birthday related visit, I wanted to get something exciting so I picked up a really gorgeous micro glitter mascara that is also quite beautiful. It's teal, green sliver and opalescent and looks quite subtle considering the way I'm describing it. It's not at all chunky and it adds a really beautiful interest to the eyes when lightly dabbed on the tips of already mascara'd eyes.


I must add that an honorable mention goes to Clarins Super Restorative True Lift foundation in the category of plumping, moisturizing creamy glow type of product. There is an issue with this though , the scent is shockingly strong and nauseating and it has a heavier filmy feel on my skin. I also did not appreciate the micro luminizer particles in it that I noticed after it had totally set on my skin but it did have a really pretty look for dryer skin if you are near a clarins counter and curious. Anna Sui's foundation has a really beautiful rose scent that dissipates pretty quickly but is really nice while it lasts. I could also not find a color match in the Clarins line but I am enjoying my sample that the wonderful Clarins lady gave me at the mall as I was passing through with my new tea strainer. If I had to choose though I would pick the Anna Sui product hands down.



All in all it was a wonderful day and here I sit another year older and just getting better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you had done great job with the nice post of Ghost Whisperer series. i love this series and jennifer is favorite character in this tv show i love their sexy and psychich roll in Ghost Whisperer episodes. i had also download Ghost Whisperer and today i have nice collection of this tv show. my main motive to come and comment you to you blog to just advice you to post full guide of this series and for latest buzz and watch or download gost whisperer episodes you can visit to http://download-tvshows.com/